[WEB4LIB] RE: Microsoft Access

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 2 16:09:31 EDT 1999

Just a note on this.

The reason for the requirement of IE5 and Office 2000 is that these
applications support the new WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and
Versioning) protocol.  Since it is a standard, many other applications
will be able to offer it and all applications using it will be able to
work with each other.  WebDAV is now supported by Apache and the Zope open
source web application platform.

The official IETF site for WebDAV is:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/

Chris Gray