Microsoft Access

Diane Madrigal dmadriga at MAIL.NYSED.GOV
Wed Jun 2 14:01:10 EDT 1999

Bill:

For this sort of thing I've generally found it easiest to create the html page as a Word merge document and then use the Access database as the data source for the merge.  (I put the html codes into the original merge form myself, though, since I don't usually like the results of Word's "Convert to html" feature.)

The only problem I've had is "cutting" the pages apart when I've created numerous web pages from one merge.  A macro can do some of the work, but I haven't been able to automate the whole process.

Diane Madrigal
New York State Library

>>> Bill Drew <drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU> 06/02 11:31 AM >>>
One problem with exporting a query is the format of the output.  It puts it
in one wide table.  I want to make the pages formatted so they are more
readable.  I did find I could get the report into RTF format and then save
it as a webpage. I would prefer to go directly from the report to the
webpage.

Bill Drew