Dynamic DB content and SE indexing.

Matthew Theobald mtheobal at ihets.org
Tue Jun 1 16:18:07 EDT 1999

All, (any),

How are portal search engines starting to deal with dynamically driven
information?
(i.e. information that cannot be indexed as simply as static HTML)

IHETS uses PHP to drive all db info on our site.  That information is
not being indexed by the engines.   What about content growing in ASP?
Coldfusion, or other dynamic delivery technologies...does this affect
the way pages are absorbed into the portal's collection.

Do the portal bots run queries to derive data?

As dynamic delivery becomes more common I'm thinking a great deal of
information will be lost to their collections.

I'd very much enjoy your thoughts!

-Matt