[WEB4LIB] Adobe GoLive!

Chiara Berlingo berlingo at rowland.org
Tue Jun 8 13:11:30 EDT 1999

Hello Tami-Jo (and other Web4Libbers),

While I haven't gotten my copy of Adobe Golive 4.0 yet, I do use GoLive
CyberStudio 3.1.  Adobe recently purchased GoLive and has since released
Golive 4.0.  Golive 4.0 is a minor upgrade from CyberStudio 3.1.  It is
considered a powerful professional Web development tool, similar to
Dreamweaver (but better).  There are reviews in Macworld of both Golive 4.0
and Cyberstudio 3.1.

Golive is a *wonderful* WYSIWYG HTML editor.  One of the coolest things is
that you can work in  WYSIWYG mode, or you can work with the straight code
- which ever you prefer.  It also lets you manage your whole site, so you
can always tell the relationships between pages, images, and objects, it
checks for broken links in all your pages, makes sure you have no orphan
pages and so on.  In addition to simple HTML, it also lets you do CSS,
JavaScripting, and more DHTML type-things.  While there is a bit of a
learning curve, it is easy to use and there is so much you can do with it.

I would highly recommend purchasing Golive for your Web development needs.
While it is more expensive than PageMill or Frontpage, it is a lot more
powerful and it's worth the investment.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Chiara Berlingo
_____
Library Assistant
The Rowland Institute for Science