[WEB4LIB] CD tower - one more step.

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Tue Jun 8 13:25:25 EDT 1999

Gary E. Masters wrote:

> We are trying to put our CD tower (Procom) on a Gov Docs. workstation since
> we don't use it with the server and we have several CD's that we get from
> the government.  The problem is that Windows will recognize only seven of
> the 21 drives.
>
> OK.  We went back and checked the pins on the "luns" and now have all
> drives recognized by Windows.  I guess that replacing the SCSI lines
> several time pushed a few back into the frame.  Now it works.
>
> Question:
>
> How does one deal with 21 CD drives when there are two floppy drives, two
> hard drives, network drives and not enough letters to go around.  Is there
> some software I can buy?

Don't know about 95/98, but yes, there is software you can buy for NT
that will put all the CDs under a single drive letter.  These include
DiscPort Executive for NT (Microtest), SCSI Express (MDI), and SmartStor
(formerly SmartCD from Smart Storage).

There are links to these products on our site at
http://www.dati.com/nt.shtml

--
Dennis Brantley
Data Access Technologies, Inc.