[WEB4LIB] Using other Telnet programs w/ IE 5

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Thu Jul 22 18:24:14 EDT 1999

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Charles P. Hobbs wrote:

> Hello, I've just installed IE 5 on some library machines, and I can't
> figure out how to use telnet programs (other than Microsoft's telnet) with
> it. (We'd like to use ANZIO).
>
> Netscape has an "Applications" dialog in its "Preferences" menu that lets
> one select all sorts of "helper" programs, but I can't seem to find it in
> IE 5 (Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place)

It's actually stored at the Windows level, not at the browser level (you can
do a "start telnet://hostname"). It's in the File Types area, under URL:Telnet
Protocol.

More info is at
   http://www.anzio.com/support/browsers.htm

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760