book comments?

Elizabeth Badeaux ebtrain at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:28:16 EDT 1999

Dear list members,

Please forgive the cross-posting as I'm sure some of you are subscribed to
both web4lib and nettrain, but I wanted to be able to get as much feedback
as possible.

We are considering purchasing two books from Neal-Schuman for our
department.  I've found a couple of reviews on the web, but I wanted to see
what some folks thought who may have put them to practical use.

The first is "Neal-Schuman WebMaster" by Lisa Champelli and Howard
Rosenbaum.  It also includes a  CD-ROM.

The second is  "Using the World Wide Web and Creating Home Pages: A
How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians" by Ray E. Metz and Gail Junion-Metz.

I'd love to hear comments from any of you regarding any experiences you have
had using these two sources. Were they helpful? practical? easy to
understand for a non-advanced user?

If you wish to reply off-list, you may do so at ebtrain at hotmail.com.

TIA!

Elizabeth Badeaux                 Voice: 225-231-3720
Librarian, Computer Division      Fax:   225-231-3788
East Baton Rouge Parish Library   Email: ebtrain at hotmail.com
7711 Goodwood Blvd.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806