Counters/Trackers

Elizabeth Badeaux ebtrain at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 11:30:39 EDT 1999

Hello all!

I'm hoping someone on this list can point me in the right direction.  I work
in the Computer Division at our local public library, and we would like to
obtain a counter/tracker for our web page that could aid us in tracking
in-house use as opposed to outside.  I tried one tracker that allowed for
user-configurable domains and entered ours, but that didn't seem to work. It
listed the results from this domain as "unknown."  I was hoping that someone
out there might be able to help me find one that would be able to separate
inside/outside use, at least for total number of accesses.

Of course, "free" is always better, but as long as there is a demo version
of a counter/tracker to try, "pay" is not out of the question.
I would also like to hear any experiences good and bad, you have had with
particular brands and counters/trackers in general.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Badeaux                         Voice:  225-231-3720
Librarian, Computer Division              Fax:    225-231-3788
East Baton Rouge Parish Library           Email:  ebtrain at hotmail.com
7711 Goodwood Blvd.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806