JavaScript help needed

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Jul 20 10:47:02 EDT 1999

I have the following link:

Check out the <a
href="javascript:window.open('http://www.yahoo.com/','yahooWindow','height=3
00,width=400');">Yahoo!</a> Site.

This should open a new window of 400x300 with yahoo in it, leaving the
window with the link as, right?.

The problems are:

In IE5 I get the window of the size I desire but the first window changes to
read "[object]"

In NS4.61 I get a new window of full-screen size (not 400x300) and the first
window reads "[object Window]"

What's up?

             Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
         Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
              Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
         PGP public Key and other info available @
              http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
             The WWW Library Directory is @
         http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/

  "Government did not become more responsive due to
 online users; it just became more responsive to them."
          -- Eli M. Noam, Columbia University
         "Will the Internet Be Bad for Democracy?
                      NetFuture #91

  Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.