[WEB4LIB] Netscape vs IE

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Sun Jul 18 02:30:52 EDT 1999

At 09:34 AM 7/17/99 -0700, Judy McBrian wrote:
>Since I use both  browses on my personal pc and tend to prefer Netscape
>(therefore I'm more familiar with it) I would like to ask the list about
>the potential for abuse and other headaches associated with IE versus
>Netscape (the  current version of IE available by download vs the
>Netscape 4 we are running)

I personally prefer IE for a variety of reasons, most notably that it loads
faster.  It has a few annoying characteristics, but my irritants may be
your features, and vice versa.  Of course the same is true of
Netscape.  IE5 is the current version, and is really solid.  Do a custom
install, not the standard one, so you can choose which extra junk you do or
don't want installed.  (Of course same pertains to NS or darn near anything
else these days).   I'd suggest putting it on just one of your public PCs
(if you have more than one) and giving it a try.  We have 44 PCs for public
and they're all gradually being converted from NS to IE.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165