[WEB4LIB] Adobe Acrobat

Catherine Delia mlbced at mail.gwumc.edu
Fri Jul 2 11:01:01 EDT 1999

Very easy to use. It's basically another printer. So, in order to save a file as PDF, you go to the Print menu and select the PDF Writer as the printer. It then asks you to name it and set the location.

I have found the quality of documents to be very good. When printed they look like they came right from the application. When viewed on the screen they look slightly less clear but still readable.

There are hardly any difficulties. We have not had problems with it at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by integrating into a website. We create the files and then load them onto our live server. It's not, or I haven't discovered a way that it "integrates" except with the application programs like MS  Word, Excel, etc.

Good Luck!

Catherine Delia
Electronic Resources Coordinator
Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
George Washington University Medical Center
2300 Eye St. NW, Washington, DC 20037
202/994-1647 (voice) ** 202/223-3691 (fax)
mlbced at gwumc.edu or deliac at gwu.edu

>>> Andrew Mutch <amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us> 07/02 10:12 AM >>>
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who uses Adobe Acrobat to create PDF
documents for their web sites.  Specifically, I was hoping to hear your
experiences using this software including:

- ease of use
- quality of documents
- difficulties/things to be aware of
- integration into web site

Also, I would be especially interested in hearing from people who are also using
the Adobe Document Server and whether you would recommend it.

Thanks!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI

Happy Independence Day!
Mr. Webster says of Mr. Adams: "On the day of his death, hearing the noise of
bells and cannon, he asked the occasion. On being reminded that it was
'Independent Day,' he replied, 'Independence forever.'"