Public Library Web Site Guidelines

Shelley Voie shelleyv at kcls.org
Fri Jul 23 11:54:34 EDT 1999

Last week I posted a list of links to collection development guidelines for
public library Web sites.  I mentioned an ALA Midwinter presentation
regarding Web collection development at Houston Public Library, but did not
have a current URL for it.  Judith Hiott, one of the presenters, sent me the
new address.  It is:

	http://www.hpl.lib.tx.us/conferences/

In addition to providing a link to their criteria, it also gives a good
overview of a number of issues that are related to a Web collection.
Thanks, Judith!

Shelley Voie
Electronic Resources Librarian
King County Library System: http://www.kcls.org
(425) 450-1763 / shelleyv at kcls.org

"O brave new world, that has such people in't!"
Miranda, in "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare