[WEB4LIB] Re: Saying no to porn sites from our library's home page

Sue Kamm suekamm at class.org
Thu Jul 15 12:56:59 EDT 1999

The last time I looked, the First Amendment to the United States Constituion
was not in force in Israel.  I don't know whether that country as an
equivalent to the First Amendment with guarantees of free speech, etc.

What does Israeli law say about viewing or possessing sexually explicit
materials?  That should be the guiding policy for the library.

--
Your friendly CyberGoddess and ALA Councilor,
Sue Kamm
Email:  suekamm at class.org
"I really love baseball.  The guys and the game.  And I love the challenge of
describing things.  The only thing I hate--and I know you have to be realistic
and pay the bills in this life--is the loneliness of the road."
--Vin Scully