copyright and the Internet

gretchen hoffmann gmhoffmann at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 14 14:56:46 EDT 1999

Hi, everyone,

I'm a previous BI librarian now working on my J.D. at the University of
Texas.  As you might guess, I'm particularly interested in legal issues
affecting librarians.  I'm doing some writing right now on copyright issues
and the Internet.  I would like to get your input on problems you've
encountered regarding copyright and the Internet, questions you've had,
difficulties you've seen with your patrons...basically, what do you think
you or librarians in general should know about this issue?

(Questions I've run into so far include how do you know when you can
download an image from the Web to use on your own pages without infringing
someone's copyright, who owns the email you write at work, and lots of
questions about electronic reserves.)

Thanks once again for your help!
Gretchen
  Gretchen McCord Hoffmann