No subject

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Sat Jan 30 09:41:19 EST 1999

Donald Barclay asks (and I'm paraphrasing here), "We have 14 separate
GIFs on our home page.  How can I make them load faster?"

I suggest that the most complete answer to this question will involve
more than just software to diddle the size/palette/whatever of each
GIF.  The page needs a redesign, possibly getting rid of some images,
possibly combining others into single-image maps.  I'd recommend a
substantially smaller logo and a single client-side map for the six
main menu choices, minus the distracting MouseOvers.  Then see if you
still need to tweak either of those images.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu