Platforms and OSs

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Jan 29 12:16:40 EST 1999

It would help to know which platforms and operating systems are being
currently used by those asking for ideas and help.

 For example:

  If you're using Netscape Navigator and choose a link on a web page
which causes Navigator to crash everytime you might get 10 responses
saying my Netscape doesn't crash when I choose that link.  Although,
those responding didn't realize you're running the Unix version of
Navigator that has a bug with active server pages.  (Remember this is
just an example, I am not aware that there is any bug in Navigator and
ASP.)

This is just a suggestion.

How about something simple:

Client: OS/Platform/[Network]/Application
                                          e.g.. Client:
Linux/Intel/Navigator
and if it is a Network issue
                                                Client:
Linux/Intel/Novell/Navigator

Its quite short but clears up many assumptions.  Not everybody uses M$.
m2cw,

Thomas