Mixing NT4 & Netware3

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Sun Jan 24 15:52:12 EST 1999

Ok here's the deal-

Because of politics I am having to switch to NT on my clients and
ultimately on my server.

Until I can get a new box I have to continue using my netware 3 server as
the primary location for my shared files, search engines - and other shared
applications as well as print services.

BUT - I am looking at setting up a small (486) NT Server box STRICTLY to
handle user policies - so that I can lock down the stations when patrons
log in and open them when staff log in.

If I understand correctly - that means patrons will HAVE to log in the the
NTServer .

Question -
Is it best then to have them log in JUST to the NT server and run the
Netware Gateway on it to get them to the Netware server?

Or is it best to have them log on to BOTH servers - if so how can I set it
up so they are prompted to do that?

Or is there a 3rd (4th 5th - whatever) alternative??

ANY help appreciated --
I have taught myselr Netware - with NT im clueless --
Paul H. Gray, Learning Resources Manager	Phone:  (817)515-6623
TCJC Northeast LRC				Fax:    (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road				E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054