New Look to our website

Stacy Matwick smatwick at iisd.ca
Tue Jan 12 12:04:51 EST 1999

(My apologies for any cross posting)

http://iisd.ca

IISDnet has grown considerably in size and in traffic over the past year,
and the previous interface with the table of contents page was no longer
sufficient for our purposes.  Also, with the move towards knowledge
networks, and our knowledge network sites (in particular, the SD Gateway),
it became possible to reposition IISDnet as less of a "hub" for SD on the
Internet, and focus it more closely on what IISD knows and does about
sustainable development.

This is not a redesign of the entire site, by the way -- you will notice
that the graphics are not consistent throughout the site; and that the
navigation aids -- search and site map for example,  do not appear
throughout the site.  Our purpose was to fix some immediate problems with
the old interface.  We will run with this for next few months; a full
redesign of the site will be done in conjunction with the implementation of
a new vision / mission and strategic objectives for the institute.

Our intent, both with this interface and a fuller redesign, is to tell
people what we know about sustainable development, rather than telling them
who we are as an institute (although the corporate information is a bit
easier to find in this new version!).

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.
Thank you
Stacy Matwick
Information Assistant
International Institute for Sustainable Development
161 Portage Ave., E.  6th floor
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0Y4 Canada
Voice: (204)958-7794
Fax: (204)958-7710