Telnet and Fortress

sue pearce pfaff7570 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:46:47 EST 1999

We have just gone on the colleges server and are having difficulties.
With our previous provider we were able to use Fortress and be able to
Telnet.

The college uses a proxie server and they put the proxie software on all
of our PC's. Now we can not telnet with any consistency. They claim it
is Fortress that is causing the problem, but there are times that
Fortress is on I can telnet and times that it is off that I can telnet.
Any one that can give me a clue on what to tell our ITS people. Any one
else have that problem?

Sue Pearce
Caldwell College
pfaff7570 at hotmail.com