Netscape profiles vs. logon ID

James Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Mon Jan 11 11:08:56 EST 1999

I have a set of NT 4.0 workstations from which we allow limited access to
several subscribed online databases (but NOT to the Internet in general--
the filter is based on Netscape's "Manual Proxy Configuration" settings,
per Andy Mutch's advice).
For reasons having to do with the ADA, we want to allow full internet
access to a certain pool of users.  I would think it should be possible to
create multiple Netscape user profiles, and to force Netscape to choose a
particular profile, without user interaction, based either on a command
line variable, or based directly on what account is logged on.

Anybody know any way of doing either of these?  Frankly, if I can get
Netscape to choose it's profile based on a command line arguement, I can
find a workaround from there easily enough...

Thanks!

James