[WEB4LIB] Internet Training Programs

HIS his at virtuallibrarian.com
Fri Jan 15 15:25:51 EST 1999

Hi,

I conduct a lecture here called "Online After Dark" each month.  For a list
of the topics we've used please feel free to visit some of the following:

Privacy Online - NOT
www.virtuallibrarian.com/research/compromised.html

Competitive Intelligence (Business research)
www.virtuallibrarian.com/research/ci.html

Finding Financial Aid for Students
http://www.virtuallibrarian.com/englewood/oad/finaid.html

Joining a Mailing List
http://www.virtuallibrarian.com/research/mailinglists.html

Black History Month Related Sites
http://www.virtuallibrarian.com/englewood/oad/bh.html

Hope that helps.
Cynthia

At 07:56 AM 1/15/99 -0800, MO River Regional Library wrote:
>Hello,
>
>   Our library offers a monthly Internet training session on a new topic
each month, as well as a basic Internet training course for the public.
Some of the past titles of the sessions have been:
>Finding Scholarship Information on the Internet
>Investment Basics
>Kids Online
>Kids Resources
>Travel
>Finding Healthcare Information on the Internet
>Genealogy (our most popular topic yet)
>Shopping Online
>And so on...
>    We are doing a session on finding tax info on the 'net this month, but
I'm at a loss for what to present in the coming months.  Has anyone out
there been doing public information sessions like this and if so, what were
some popular topics that you have presented?  Any help will be appreciated!!