[WEB4LIB] hiring a consultant ... slightly related

thom thom at indiana.edu
Fri Jan 15 13:59:16 EST 1999

This is mostly for any college and university folks. I trying to find out
who designs the websites and presence for colleges and universities. I
have been having a running battle with a university group at Indiana who
wants to go with an outside group to design their website. My argument is
that the better skills are actually on campus with students and that the
university should invest back into their students and provide paid
internships which will enable the students to get even better jobs when
they graduate. The university is also a much more complex technological
environment than any place off campus.

So if you know that your college and/or university is designed on-campus
as opposed to off-campus I'd love to hear from you. I'd also like to find
some contact names and numbers to call folks up to ask them how it works
in their orgs.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

--Thom