[WEB4LIB] http://www.fafsa.ed.gov and navigator 4.08

Bill Jenkins wcj1 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 5 15:00:54 EST 1999

At 12:46 PM -0600 1/5/99, Josh Kuperman wrote:
>Currently, the fafsa web site, which is encouraging people to apply for
>financial aid online, does not support any version of Netscape Navigator
>later than 4.05. I tried to contact them using the addresses at the site
>and their online form, to find why. I was not successful. Does anyone know
>what their problem is? I can't tell if it is as simple as they need to
>update their check for browsers to include the newer versions or if their
>is some difference in the newer browsers.

FAFSA tests every broswer version as they come out...

My opinion is that if they could change the FAFSA website to another layout
that would just work with all broswers, but that would take development on
their end...

BillJ
~~~~~
Bill Jenkins    wcj1 at cornell.edu <-permanent address    wcj1 at uiuc.edu
Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Univ. of Illinois