Libweb available for mirroring

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Feb 23 17:06:25 EST 1999

People occasionally ask me if they can put a copy of Libweb on their own
web sites.  In the past, I have resisted doing this, mostly because it
looked like it would be a headache to manage.  But despite Roy Tennant's
unflagging efforts, the Berkeley SunSITE can still be a slow server to
connect to (and that's from another .edu site--I hate to think what it's
like from overseas), so I have set up a way for sites to mirror Libweb.

Directions and guidelines appear at
<URL:http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Libweb/mirrors/>.  I'm basically just
requesting that mirrors stay current, that they not alter the content of
the site, and that they give me a contact address and URL.

Right now, the mirror consists only of the HTML lists of links; the
keyword search continues to reside at OhioLINK.  I will eventually set up
the option to mirror the keyword search also.

Libweb is a list of over 2750 library home pages from around the world.
Its originating site is <URL:http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Libweb/>.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu