[WEB4LIB] our website was attacked by porno hackers

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Tue Feb 23 14:18:45 EST 1999

I'm curious, is your website running from an ISP?  Also, what server
hardware and software is used for that sight?

Thomas

Maureen Shepard wrote:

> Last weekend a hacker deleted our homepage and substituted a page with porno pictures on it. This person also hacked into our ISP's site. If any other library has experienced this, please let me know so we can exchange information.
>
> Maureen Shepard
> Systems Librarian
> Sacramento County Law Library
> MShepard at saclaw.lib.ca.us
> 916.874.5625
> fax: 916.874.5691

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  828 262 6587			FAX:    828 262 3001
Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating
system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine