[WEB4LIB] note to the listowner

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 21 18:17:15 EST 1999

Web4Lib subscribers are removed from the list for only two reasons:
excessive amounts of bounced mail, or a second infraction against the list
policy after a formal warning (see
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/#Policy). Only in the first instance
is someone not notified before they are removed, since, presumably, the
message wouldn't get there anyway.

Since Robert Tiess did not violate the list policy, it is likely that
ListProc, being the zealous guardian of bandwidth that it is, removed him
for bounced mail. Let's be clear that your mail could be bouncing without
your knowledge, and therefore all you know is that Web4Lib all of a sudden
goes away. This situation and several others are rather painfully and
perhaps humurously described in the Web4Lib Troubleshooting Guide which
you can find here:

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/troubleshooting.html

As you will discover if you read that page, there are a number of things
that can go wrong, and most of them have the eventual solution of either
resubscribing (points for figuring that out on your own) or contacting me
privately. Thanks,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner