Scanning negatives and transparencies

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Feb 9 20:44:54 EST 1999

Web4Lib folks,

Anyone have any recommendations on how-to methods for scanning negatives or transparencies IF YOU ONLY HAVE A LOW-COST FLATBED SCANNER? Meaning I don't have a top-dollar drum scanner or one of the flatbeds with lightsource box atop the scanning surface.

I don't know quite where to start, build-your-own lightbox top, what color temperature lighting for best color, etc.

I'd appreciate some basic advice, if such an approach be possible or useful for getting even mediocre quality scans.

Thanks,
-ernest

Ernest Perez, Ph.D.
Oregon State Library