[WEB4LIB] Public Access Counting for Internet Stations

David Borchardt davidb at cstone.net
Mon Feb 8 11:45:06 EST 1999

Manager ("PAM") as a solution.

Developed for schools and libraries, PAM does create a User Activity Log
which may be used for data mining.  This log shows when PCs were used, which
applications were launched, and Windows error messages for diagnostics.  PAM
does NOT invade privacy by tracking URLs visited.  If you choose to utilize
the Accounts Logon Database, PAM also reports who the user was.  This is
just a small aspect of what Public Access Manager offers.  PAM secures PC's
OS and applications from tampering, allows you to set session time and
printing limits, restricts URL activity on specified terminals (web catalog,
EBSCO, etc.), shuts down PCs automatically at the end of the day, and
performs other key tasks.

A free evaluation copy of PAM is available to anyone interested.

Best Regards,

David C. Borchardt, Library Division
INVORTEX Technologies, Inc.
(800) 295-0860