[WEB4LIB] How to submit form and forward user to another page

Johanne-Berit Revheim johanne.revheim at ub.uib.no
Mon Feb 22 18:28:30 EST 1999

At 14:50 22.02.99 -0800, Donald Barclay wrote:
>Does anyone know of a more-or-less simple way to set up a web form so that
>when users fill out the form and click the "Submit" button they are
>automatically sent to some other webpage?
>
>This question was asked a few months ago on Web4Lib with no satisfactory
>answer provided. (I checked the archives.) I've looked all through the
>website on HTML and Java script with no luck either. I'm either not looking
>for the right terms or this is harder than it seems.

When I do this, I let the form action be a cgi-bin script or ASP page that
give a blank page, containing a redirect meta tag, as result.
(<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh” CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.....">)

But I suppose you might wanted this done without any use of cgi-bin or ASP ...

-Johanne

Johanne-Berit Revheim
Research Documentation Unit, University Library,
University of Bergen, Avd. HiB, N-5020 Bergen, Norway.
e-mail: johanne.revheim at ub.uib.no