[WEB4LIB] Two pcs, same symptoms, won't boot...

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Dec 20 18:56:48 EST 1999

At 02:26 PM 12/20/99 -0800, Catherine Buck Morgan wrote:
>The first machine I was able to take out of production. I've stripped
>everything down to the operating system, and then upgraded it to Win98.
>It still will not boot cold.

When something is this funky, I'd take it down to a low level disk
format.  That is the only way to start it totally clean.  If that doesn't
do it, you have a problem with the motherboard or the CPU or the RAM, most
likely.  If necessary, you can start swapping those pieces.

Good luck and happy holidays

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165