[WEB4LIB] Re: robots.txt file: Unix linebreaks

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Dec 2 15:00:47 EST 1999

> how can I ensure that the line endings are (and remain) Unix
> <LF>? I have been sent a file with the correct line endings by the
> administrator, but am afraid that if I save the file with BBedit again (or
> any other Mac or windows wordprocessor for that matter) in order to put
> it on our server, the linebreaks will revert back to MacOS.

I was under the impression that most FTP programs would handle the linefeed
conversions automagically when transfering text files.  This assumes you're
using FTP to move the file and not editing it directly on a (NFS or
otherwise) mounted drive.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"