[WEB4LIB] Re: Importing FirstSearch/WorldCat records into Pro

Sara Brownmiller snb at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Dec 13 11:20:32 EST 1999

One problem with the host files that Procite mentions, as well as the
connection files offered by EndNote (a Procite competitor), is that there
is no way to script usernames/passwords for proprietary databases.  At
least I've not been able to discover one.  When one of our students or
faculty try to use these connection files, they are prompted for a
username and password.  Distributing such information to users who are not
familiar with license agreements about authorizied access and authorized
users, simultaneous users, port limits, etc. is problematic from a systems
point of view.

Sara Brownmiller			snb at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Systems/Women's Studies Librarian	541/346-2368
University of Oregon Library		541/346-3485 (fax)
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR  97403-1299