[WEB4LIB] unsubscribing (fwd)

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:24:28 EST 1999

I will use this as an opportunity to draw everyone's attention to the
infamous "Web4Lib Troubleshooting Guide, or, How to tell when something
has gone horribly wrong and what to do about it" at:

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/troubleshooting.html

It explains what to do for the following problems:

1) You subscribe and nothing happens
2) You unsubscribe and nothing happens
3) Your Web4Lib mail suddenly stops coming
4) You received the message "You have been removed..."
5) You post a message to Web4Lib and yoiu get back dozens of copies of it
from some strange place
6) Somone posts a message to the list asking how to unsubscribe [hmmm...I
wonder if this ever happens?]
7) Somone posts an idiotic message to the list

In answer to each of these situations, you will find "What May Be
Happening", "What to Do About It", and, ocassionally, a snide remark. All
brought to you by the person who has to clean up the mess. Thanks,
Roy Tennant