robots.txt

SUSIE BREIER susie at alcor.concordia.ca
Fri Dec 3 10:05:05 EST 1999

Thanks to all who responded so quickly to my query about the robots file
and unix linebreaks. Many useful suggestions. The main culprint was
probably my BBEdit editor preferences - though I was using the "Save as:
Unix Linebreaks" option, the preferences still had "force <cr> at end of
lines" checked off.

Luc Grondin from Universite du Quebec a Montreal was also kind enough to
send me a copy of Notespad (windows freeware) which has a nifty "DOS to
Unix" conversion tool, and is useful for checking at a glance whether a
txt file has actually been saved with the right linebreaks.

Apparently the file is fine now, but I guess only time will tell for sure,
once the index is refreshed and the spider has crawled again...

Thanks again,

Susie Breier
Assistant Systems Librarian
Concordia University Libraries