[WEB4LIB] digital camera recommendation?

Shirl Kennedy skenned1 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 27 20:30:42 EDT 1999

Coming back to FL from NYC on Useless Air..uh, US Airways last June, I sat
across the aisle from a guy who reviews scanners and digital cameras for one
of the ZD publications.  We both had been to PC Expo, and were sharing
publications, brochures, etc., during the flight.  I asked him what he would
choose if he were shopping right then for an inexpensive digital camera.  He
recommended the Kodak DC200 Plus Digital Camera 1.0 MegaPixel 1152 X 864.
At that time, he told me, Kodak had or was in the process of coming out with
new models, and had dropped the price on the 200.

I just did a quick run through Bottom Dollar  (http://www.bottomdollar.com),
and came up with a price of $294.99 at Shopping.com
(http://www.shopping.com/store/ComputersSoftware/default.asp?nav=|6|-1|-1|00
00066837021|-1&x=cgi-bin)

Take a look and see if it'll do what you want it to do.  I'm no expert on
digital cameras by any stretch of the imagination, so you may want to prowl
around the Net for reviews.  Start searching at http://www.reviewbooth.com,
one of my favorite fishing holes.

Shirl Kennedy
Web Doyenne
City of Clearwater (Florida)
http://www.clearwater-fl.com

We are not afraid to entrust the American people
with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies,
and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid
to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an
open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
     -- John F. Kennedy