CD-ROMs from a Web-page

Lin Light holight at lakeland.lib.mi.us
Thu Aug 26 14:52:30 EDT 1999

OK. First my thanks to David Atkins.
NOW, for what I found to be a very simple way to get cdroms to run from
a webpage.
    1)Write a batch file such as:
                cd\fof\indian\windows
                cls
                hrw.exe
                exit
    2) Store it where it's the easiest to get to [c:\indian.bat]
    3) Run it outside the webpage
    4) While the DOS program window is open Click on A from the top bar
and
        click on the program tab.
    5) Fill in the Working Window with the Directory name and the batch
file in the Batch File window.
            Also check Close on exit. [This Creates a .PIF file]
    6) Open your browser, if Netscape [Ctrl-O], and type C:\indian.pif,
[yes .pif] and enter.
    You are now off and running.  I've tried this on Facts on File
Indians, Landmark Documents, Microsoft Street Atlas, PhonDisc[6 disc
title] and Sirs [2 disc title].  I even tried it as bookmarks on the
Personal Bar in Netscape.  In this case I used file:///c|\indian.pif.
And once more it worked.
As my aunt Beulah would say "That's my Story".
>From "No-longer in the dark,  Light Man"
Lin

--
Lin Light