[WEB4LIB] Re: Coughing up Coffman / cost of ILL

Dan Robinson Indexing Services drobinson at info.hwwilson.com
Thu Aug 26 11:28:37 EDT 1999

Coming in from the vendor side (but not sales and  marketing), I'd
like to say that pricing electronic products has always been a
problem.  Paper indexes are easy. You can easily measure reams of
paper and bookcovers.  How do you measure electrons?   (and how do
you know that the electron that you measured is the one that you
wanted? <grin>).

While the work that goes into an electronic product is the same as
what is needed for a paper product up to a point, in many ways there
is actually more work involved on the electronic side than on the
paper side.

Dan Robinson
Indexing Services
H.W. Wilson Company