[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape Pop-up window

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Aug 24 14:32:20 EDT 1999

At 08:25 AM 8/24/99 -0700, Samuel Mcdonald wrote:

>This is the HTML solution, there may be some way to reprogram Netscape
>somehow to do this, but I don't know how. I realize that this doesn't
>really mean 'b4 netscape finishes execution'.  I guess if you could figure
>out where the bitmap (I assume it is a bitmap) for the start splash
>graphic is located, you could edit that, perhaps even make it larger.
>Maybe even find out if there is a marker for how many second it is
>displayed.

We simply made such a page http://library.boisestate.edu/notice.htm  and
made it the default start page on all secured browsers within the
library.  Folks can't miss it.  Of course many of them ignored it, so we
put the proxy server in to block chat and email.  But at least they can't
say they weren't warned.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165