[WEB4LIB] Lauching CDs off Webpage

Peter C. Gorman pcgorman at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 24 08:26:26 EDT 1999

Several approaches can be found at
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/faq.html in the section titled
"Launching CD-ROM or Other Applications From a Web Browser".

At 6:34 PM -0700 8/23/99, Lin Light wrote:
>I'm sorry, I know some way say "Where were you the last time this was
>Asked?".
>We are are trying to use a Web-page (loaded on the C:\ not a web-Server)
>as a menu for both on-line resources as well as our cdrom and harddrive
>based products.  Our reference librarian has designed a couple of very
>good pages, but the exe. for the cds can't be reached.  The files are
>there, but we just can't get going.  Any suggestions will be greatly
>appreciated.
>I should add that the cds are:
>            FOF American Indians and Landmark Documents
>            PhoneDisc
>            Microsoft Street Atlas
>            LawCheck
>            and MOIS  [Michigan Occupation Information System]
>All work but not off a PC based home-page
Peter C. Gorman
Senior Technology Librarian
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Library Technology Group
pcgorman at facstaff.wisc.edu
(608) 265-5291

Fiddle, n. An instrument to tickle human ears by friction of a horse's
tail on the entrails of a cat. [Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_]