[WEB4LIB] What to Do?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Thu Aug 19 18:17:36 EDT 1999

> The problem is
> when you access the main page it downloads the page 57% and stops (the
> counter is on the main page). It is the same for all client computers w/
> Internet access. I have tried giving it more space in the cache, but
> nothing works. We use Netscape Navigator 4.0.

I hardly thing it is your RAM or processor speed. I've been using
thecounter.com for more than a year and it hasn't caused this problem before
with one exception: use the code exactly as the site gave it to you, all of
it, character for character. I once "found" a way to shorten the code to
just a URL and then had your problem.

Also, can you send the URL of the problem page? That would help us zero in
on the problem.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @
http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.