[WEB4LIB] Pixel sizes for web pages

Matthew Theobald mtheobal at ihets.org
Wed Aug 18 17:46:33 EDT 1999

Our stats showed that over 60% of our users we at 800x600
15% were higher than than, and 15% were 640x480.

It is MUCH easier to design for 800x600, but 640x480 must be accommodated, but
not the lead.

See www.icn.org at 640x480 and 800x600
Some of the footer info and the college logos must scroll at 640x480 but the
"meat" all fits in that.  SO I guess design for both but don't restrict
yourself too much.

Hope this helps.

-Matt