[WEB4LIB] Re: Article on search engines . . .

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Aug 16 17:21:04 EDT 1999

At 12:25 PM 8/16/99 -0700, Mark Stover wrote:
>  This is not to say that we
>shouldn't criticize the search engines or be aware of their money-seeking
>agendas.  But on the other hand we shouldn't make out big business to be
>the great bogeyman of the Web

In fact, if it weren't for the various search engines, we'd all be sitting
around trying to develop one ourselves, figuring out where we'd get the
money to finance the hardware, and so forth.  Yahoo could start out on a
desktop....but that was long ago and far away.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165