[WEB4LIB] Netscape email and security questions

Deanna Collison collisod at uhls.lib.ny.us
Wed Aug 4 16:07:53 EDT 1999

Dear Anne,
If you enable passwording on each individual's Netscape profile, no one
can enter another person's profile and send messages from that profile
(unless the person leaves it open). You can enable passwording by going
http://home.netscape.com/communicator/v4.5/passwords/
and follow the instructions on the page. It's easy.
This provides good security if everyone is aware of the limitations,
i.e. you can't leave your browser open when logged into your profile. We
have a default profile that is not passworded on each PC for general use
and each persons personal profile is protected by their chosen password.

We have a lot of info on using Messenger (Netscape) mail and also for
using Navigator on a public Internet PC and I'd be glad to help with
more info if needed.
Peace,
Deanna