[WEB4LIB] Time control scripts?

Vidar Ringstr|m vidar at larvik.folkebibl.no
Mon Aug 30 08:35:29 EDT 1999

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Karen G. Schneider wrote:

> using Phonedisk but how much time they spent on the 'net, which may
> actually be what we're really trying to control, now that I mull this
> over... in which case, a browser-based solution would work.  Your
> reflections here would be useful, too.)

One approach to solving this might be to use NTs AT command
together with Jeffrey Harris WINDOWS NT ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLSET aka AINTX at:
http://maxx.mc.net/~jlh/nttools.htm

His package contains familiar Unixtools like kill, ps, top and crontab.
One could "grep" the PID from AINTXs "ps" and pipe it into "kill" and put
the whole thing into a crontabentry to be run every hour or something via
NTs AT. This would kill a browser at set times, not very elegant but ...

Hilsen Vidar
---------
Vidar Ringstr|m            Larvik bibliotek
Tlf: 33 18 63 01           Boks 2001 Stubber|d
Fax: 33 18 79 05           3255 Larvik
"Tralala lilla molntuss, kom hit skall du f} en puss!" B.Hund