Passing variables from one form to another

Tim Tripp ttripp at inforamp.net
Thu Apr 22 21:21:20 EDT 1999

Greetings Gentlefolk,

I'm working on a project where I'm taking information from web based forms to input
into a database.  I actually require the same bit of information to be submitted
twice, from separate forms, so I'm wondering if there is a way to pass a variable
submitted in one form to the next form.

Both forms are submitted to the same cgi program for data formatting and saving on
the server.  The cgi program then redirects to a specified page - in this case the
second form.

I suspect that there is some javascript method for doing this, but my experience with
javascript only extends to finding scripts I can use, and modifying them
appropriately.  I'm not really up for learning the language just yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim

--
Tim Tripp. Librarian.

Work: ttripp at spar.ca
Home: ttripp at inforamp.net
http://www.inforamp.net/~ttripp
SLA Toronto Chapter - Now with flavor crystals!
http://www.sla.org/chapter/ctor/

### There is a crack in everything.
### That's how the light gets in.
                          - Leonard Cohen