Looking for software/online reviewers for School Library Journal

Minkel, Walter WMinkel at cahners.com
Thu Apr 22 15:37:13 EDT 1999

Folks-- I've been a long-time Web4Lib subscriber from my old job at
Multnomah County Library, but I've just begun a new position at _School
Library Journal_ as Technology Editor (a new position). Here I'll be
covering technological issues & products for librarians in school and public
libraries serving ages birth-18. I'll also be working on enhancing SLJ's Web
site (www.slj.com) to increase the amount of good articles, reviews, etc.,
available freely to the profession.

We're looking for librarians interested in reviewing Web sites, software and
online services for SLJ. If you serve young people, and would like to review
this kind of thing, please get in touch with me. Please let me know your
background in technology and what kind of hardware you have available. As
with SLJ book reviewing, there is no payment for reviewing, but you'll get
the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you have let your peers know about the
good stuff, plus (if you review software) you'll get to keep the software
you review or (if you review online services) you'll have free access to the
subscription online services you review for a limited amount of time.

We're also looking for people who serve young people in libraries with
interesting things to say and stories to tell. If you'd like to write a
technology-oriented article for SLJ, please let me know. Thanks! --W