Recent Publications about Collaboratories

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Apr 16 13:12:20 EDT 1999

  I am interest in identifying any and all studies, reports,
articles, books, etc. that describe/evaluate the use and/or
value of Collaboratories in Scholarly Communication.
I have searched ERIC and Library Literature but do not find
significant citations other than the major report
_National Collaboratories: Applying Information Technology for Scientific Research_ published serval years ago (1993) by the
National Academy Press.

I have identified major collaboratory projects from the Web
and descriptions of individual projects, but I am interested in
a more current state-of-the-art study.

   Thanks!

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

  "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                         Alan Kay