Online Education Weekly Super Sites

Online Education onlineed at dallas.net
Mon Apr 19 11:19:51 EDT 1999

ONLINE EDUCATION
http://www.learnersonline.com

Super Sites for the week of April 18, 1999:

1.  MACROMEDIA FREE WEB DESIGN CLASSES FOR TEACHERS
http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/events/web101_seminar/main.html

Subject: All

Grade Level: All

Macromedia is a software company offering Web Design 101 for teachers.
These seminars will provide educators with an easy, comprehensive, and
cost-effective course, so they can use and teach technology in classroom.
During the months of May and June, these seminars will be held in different
locations from Philadelphia to Salt Lake City. Find time to learn the new
technology being implemented at schools.

2.  SPELLING AND VOCABULARY PLANS FROM THE TEACHER’S DESK
http://www.knownet.net/users/Ackley/spell_plans.html

Subject: Language Arts

Grade Level: Elementary - Middle School

At Spelling and Vocabulary Plans from The Teacher’s Desk web site, teachers
(grade four to seven) can find several ideas for teaching spelling and
developing vocabulary. These ideas are not just for lesson plans, but many
can be used as learning centers. In addition, card games for the vocabulary
development can be tailored for small groups or the entire class.

3.  LESSON STOP
http://www.lessonstop.org/

Subject: Teacher’s Resource

Grade Level: All

The Lesson Stop is an excellent teacher resource. This non-commercial site
is compiled by teachers for teachers. Educators of all grade levels will
find activities and lesson plans appropriate for their grade level. In
addition, unlike other sites, Lesson Stop provides instruction on how to
plan and create lessons. New teachers, stop struggling and discover  the
five common mistakes in lesson plans.  Take advantage of the formats and
templates developed by educators and the huge lesson plan database.

4.  TEACH WITH MOVIES
http://teachwithmovies.org/

Grade Level: Middle to High School

At this site, teachers and parents can utilize movies to teach children
about major historical events, great achievements, and men and women that
have shaped our world. Moreover, the classroom benefits include motivating
the students, involving parents, and relating learning to popular culture.
Teachers can search the Character Development Index and discover what
movies address the theme of cheating or courage, and they can search
another movie index that warns what movies not to show in the classroom.
Learning Guides for certain movies are also available.

5.  APPLE LEARNING INTERCHANGE
http://henson.austin.apple.com/edres/curric.shtml

Grade Level: All

This web site provides teachers with the information needed to integrate
technology into any classroom setting. Many schools are equipped with the
latest technology, but are teachers putting the technology to use? Check
out Apple’s resource.

Be sure to download a SAMPLE of our monthly print issue from
http://www.learnersonline.com/sample.html.  It's free and contains 12
pages of great educational resources, activities and lesson plans!!

Check out our newest section: EDUCATOR RESOURCES at:
http://www.learnersonline.com/resources/.  Included are lesson plans,
science and math links, as well as links to search engines and reference
sites.

Remember we give you more EACH week so come back and see what's new! We
look forward to seeing you and encourage you to make suggestions to us.

Mary Ashmore
Online Education, Inc.