[WEB4LIB] Re: Test page, please look and comment

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Sat Apr 17 07:36:13 EDT 1999

Mike,

I'll repeat my previous plug for Jakob Nielsen's site useit.com:

http://www.useit.com

Previously with Sun Microsystems, Mr. Nielsen is considered by many to be
the leading voice on creating usable web sites.  Although his columns
focus more on the "theory" of usability, they include many excellent
real-world suggestions on how to make your sites more usable for your
visitors.  Plus, he provides links to many great resources which get
into
the nitty-gritty of designing usable web sites.

Also of great value are the columns from Webreview at:

http://webreview.com

focusing on Navigation, Usability, Web Design, and also the Web Architect
columns.  A number of these columns have been written by the people from
Argus Associates, including Lou Rosenfeld, whose book (along with Peter
Morville) "Information Architecture for the World Wide Web" is a good
place to get started on understanding and implementing user-friendly web
design at both the page and site levels.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI