[WEB4LIB] Re: Future of HTML

Kathleen Furukawa Kathleen.Furukawa at cs.amedd.army.mil
Thu Apr 15 15:09:10 EDT 1999

 Based on the paragraph below I'm sure folks have strong opinions about  html editors and the like. I'm sure the topic of html editors has been  discussed at great length and I will search the archives as soon  as....  But I'm a newby (please be gentle) and would like sage  suggestions for the best/easiest way to produce html.  I work in a  primarily MS environment.
  Thanks, Kathy
  Stimson Library, Academy of Health Sciences Fort Sam Houston, Texas
 kathleen.furukawa at cs.amedd.army.mil

Author:  tdowling at ohiolink.edu at SMTPMAIL
  Even worse (correction, "much worse") than the browsers are the current  crop of popular authoring tools.  It's hard to talk about structured  tagging--in any language--trees, groves, or DOMs, when so many of the  pages out there consist of gobbledygook spit up by Word, FrontPage,  Composer, Homepage, et al.
   Thomas Dowling
 OhioLINK - Ohio Library and Information Network  tdowling at ohiolink.edu